Why we developed this service
Core Values are the essence of a company’s identity; they support the vision and shape the culture of an organisation. Core Values cannot be plagiarised and made to fit an organisation. They need to be developed from within to be authentic to your company and employees.
Experience has shown that the most effective way to develop Core Values is by having a neutral facilitator lead the process. We’ve developed an effective service that allows you to create Core Values for your business – providing a great foundation and guide for the way your Team interacts with clients and each other.
Who should use this service?
- Do you find it hard to differentiate yourself from your competitors?
- Are you frustrated by a lack of aligned behaviour within your Team?
- Would you like to get the very best from your Team without getting the big stick out?
- Would you like to have a business where everyone (INCLUDING YOU) loves coming to work?
A clear set of Core Values are the foundation for great business culture and will make leading and managing a Team and client expectations a lot easier. When your Team live and breathe your Core Values you’re more likely to achieve your business goals. In the words of Peter Drucker – ‘Culture eats strategy for breakfast.’
What is involved?
Prior to the workshop attendees will complete pre-work to get thinking about their values and vision for the business so that everyone is prepared to gain maximum benefit from the session.
You’ll then participate in a 3 – 4 hour facilitated session guiding you through a process to create up to five Core Values with definitions. These will underpin the expectations of behaviour within your organisation. You’ll also learn how to maximise the effectiveness of your Core Values and ensure the Team lives by them.
As a part of the Core Values Development process, we will:
- Share what Core Values really are and the benefit of having them
- Brainstorm what values the attendees hold to be important
- Prioritise values to have five or less final Core Values
- Develop a key definition for each Core Value
- Discuss and plan how to unveil and display your new Core Values
When should I have a session?
Differences in values, beliefs and strategies within your business can not only disrupt and destabilise the Team and culture in your business, but will also impact the service you provide to your clients. If you don’t have a set of Core Values that define expectations and behaviour then we recommend you contact us today.
Benefits of core value development
- Build a foundation for the culture you believe is fundamental to your success
- Increase alignment within your Team
- Clearly communicate what is important to you, employees, and the company
- Determine the values that will drive your business to achieve its vision
- Core Values guide expected behaviours – how your Team interact with each other and clients
- Gain a framework for effective communication
- Reduce workplace stress and tension and build better working relationships
- Core values act as ‘decision-making filters’ for the day to day operation of the business
- Differentiate your company from your competitors
- Core Values are a primary recruitment and retention tool
- Inspire people to take positive action because they aspire to live into Core Values
- Core Values contribute to the overall success of the organisation